Monday, October 19, 2009

A bit of the mundane

I don't have any deep thoughts rolling around in my head that are ready to come out just yet, but in the interest of getting into and staying in the habit of writing this blog, I thought I'd write a little of the mundane going on in my world. I went for an OB visit today, and Five's heartbeat sounded wonderful - everything looks right on course. I scheduled my ultrasound - yay! I am very excited to know if this baby is a boy or a girl, so that I can begin planning. And making a baby blankie! In three weeks, we will know. I am going to ask my little one to please cooperate and show momma the goods! :-)

I did let my OB know that I will not be taking the h1n1 vaccine. I asked him instead to send me home with a Tamiflu prescription. It is currently being filled. This way, it is in the house, and I don't have to worry about there being a run on Tamiflu if I DO happen to catch the swine flu. He made sure that he let me know the CDC's and the OB association (can't remember the proper name) stand on it, but didn't give me a hard time about my decision. I was prepared to stand behind my decision if pushed, but he did not push me.

After my appointment, I stopped at the library to pick up some books for Two, who is home sick. Poor guy. :-( He does seem better today, but I will be keeping him home tomorrow as well. Apparently there is a very large number of children sick in his school. But, as far as illnesses go, this one has been relatively easy to navigate. A headache, sore throat and slight fever that are easily managed by ibuprofen, and no upset stomach. He was supposed to have a well visit tomorrow, but I called and changed to a sick visit, just to be sure it isn't bacterial. Which is unlikely considering the large number of children that are currently suffering from the same symptoms! (Although some have high fevers, so I am thankful that Two's is only a slight one).

Now I am going to shove a lemon up a chicken's rear end and throw it in my oven! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment